Raspberry pi

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

Re: Raspberry pi

Post by adafruit »

philba wrote:So, is Adafruit considering carrying it?
we bought one, it was $55 total, we'll check it out once it arrives. at this time it does not seem they are allowing distributors besides the ones they have newark/farnell/rs. if anyone has a contact with rasberry pi please let us know so we can see if we can carry it.

thanks,
adafruit support

MrGlass

Post by MrGlass »

I was about to buy one, but like @adafruit said above, for Americans it costs $55 total.

They have said that once the initial run ships they'll start allowing bulk orders. I don't know if youll be able to get bulk pricing, but with $20 shipping you could get a margin by buying/shipping in bulk.

abqlewis

Post by abqlewis »

I ordered 1 from Newark/Element14, and it seems like you did too (since it cost $55). They removed the $20 non-shipping charge from my order, saying it was a mistake because the system thought it was a "special". So mine is back down to the expected cost of $35 + shipping. It'll be interesting to see how much that shipping is going to be.

atomchipped

Post by atomchipped »

Are there any possibilities of Adafruit making something similar to Raspberry pi?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

atomchipped wrote:Are there any possibilities of Adafruit making something similar to Raspberry pi?
http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2012/03/14 ... pberry-pi/

tonyd

Post by tonyd »

adafruit wrote:
atomchipped wrote:Are there any possibilities of Adafruit making something similar to Raspberry pi?
http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2012/03/14 ... pberry-pi/
Nice looking board.

Does anyone know what connector was used for the 26-way connector on the pi-plate?

A normal IDC socket typically has a height 8 to 9mm while the tallest components (Ethernet and USB connector) on the Raspberry Pi is ~15mm.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”