Where to find custom-cut plastic sheet?

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
easternstargeek

Where to find custom-cut plastic sheet?

Post by easternstargeek »

I need a small quantity of custom-cut plastic (polycarbonate or acrylic) sheet pieces.
Can anyone help me find a specialized supplier that keeps stock of common plastic sheet stock and who would be willing to cut rectangular pieces to spec, cleanly and accurately with no scratches?

I am looking for clear, ruby red, bromo blue, and smoked (varying density and shade) colors.

These will take the place of a stock end-panel in some "Pac-Tec" clamshell enclosures.

Eventually, I may submit a drawing for some custom-cut openings for switches, etc, so a vendor that has a laser cutter is especially attractive.

When commenting, please indicate if you have actually done business with the recommended vendor, and if you were satisfied with the results.

Many thanks!

philba

Re: Where to find custom-cut plastic sheet?

Post by philba »

You know about Tap Plastics? http://www.tapplastics.com/

They don't have everything you mentioned but they are the first place I look to for that sort of thing. I'm not sure they are national (lots on the west coast, though).

westfw

Re: Where to find custom-cut plastic sheet?

Post by westfw »

ponoko.com ? Very much set up to upload CAD files and have pieces show up in your mailbox...
I haven't used them myself, but I think they have a reasonable reputation.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”