Can it be done Arduino Uno Ethernet + TTL camera

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
redtank1971

Can it be done Arduino Uno Ethernet + TTL camera

Post by redtank1971 »

Hello,
I'm trying to use the TTL serial camera with the Arduino Ethernet board. Camera works great with a regular Uno, and the A/E board works great and I was able to run the web server sample sketch where a client can see a list of files residing on a sd card in the A/E's card reader. I'm wanting the camera to take snap shots due to motion detection, write these .jpg's to the sdcard, and then with the web server running allow a client to view the photos on that have been written to the sd card. Is this possible? I'm guessing there may be some conflict with pin 10 due to both the ethernet and sdcard needing use of it.

Thanks,
Cris L.

adafruit

Re: Can it be done Arduino Uno Ethernet + TTL camera

Post by adafruit »

this is totally possible, a customer did it and showed it off on our show & tell once. use the ethernet's SD card to store the images and then access them later. it'll just be really slow!

duckyvirus

Re: Can it be done Arduino Uno Ethernet + TTL camera

Post by duckyvirus »

it can be done and i've done it, however now when i try to re-do it (i cannot access the camera via soft serial for some reason)
I'm using the Ethernet Shield, and it was working before, so now i been testing each component to see where the issue is.

Once i've managed to get SoftwareSerial and the camera talking again, i'll "tidy" the code up and send along.
attached however is the "raw" access code, does not use the SDcard which WAS working until recently.

http://www.quackamole.com/ARDWebServer.ino

PS: Really slow is an understatement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”