Battery for Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adamengst

Battery for Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS

Post by adamengst »

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a replacement battery for the Garmin Forerunner 305 (to solder in myself - it's not snap-in replacement), and I'm having trouble finding one with the right specs. Others have had some luck cannibalizing cell phone batteries, but that seems a little hit and miss.

What I'm looking for is a lithium-ion battery - 3.7 V, around 750 mAh (more would be welcome), but what's most important is the size, which can be no more than 36mm high x 43 mm wide x 5.8 mm deep (and preferably slightly less than 43 mm wide).

I've hit a bunch of hobbyist electronics sites with no luck - any ideas where I might find a battery like this?

cheers... -Adam

chuckz

Re: Battery for Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS

Post by chuckz »

I would use google and search on the specs: "lithium-ion battery 3.7 V 750 mAh". It is hard for me to help you while never having seen the battery. I think you could try Ebay and Amazon.

adamengst

Re: Battery for Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS

Post by adamengst »

Thanks - there are a lot of batteries that fall roughly into these power specs so the Google search doesn't do much good. The problem is finding one that meets the size specs. You can see what the battery looks like on this tear-down story.

http://www.jimandkatrin.com/CodeBlog/po ... ement.aspx

I haven't been able to track down any of the cell phone batteries mentioned, and it seems that they may vary in physical dimensions as well.

cheers... -Adam

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”