lazy pov

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mtbf0

lazy pov

Post by mtbf0 »

stayed home sick on saturday and laid out a board for a 72 led charlieplexed saccadic display.
Attachments
ought to work with an arduino or minipov or just about anything else with 9 i/o pins.
ought to work with an arduino or minipov or just about anything else with 9 i/o pins.
charlie8x9_pcb.png (70.35 KiB) Viewed 577 times

pburgess

Re: lazy pov

Post by pburgess »

Sweeeeet! I was thinking on showing a saccadic thingy on Show & Tell, but it was already a big turnout this time.

Are those 3mm or 5mm LEDs? How long is the board overall? I was limited to 10" because I was broke at the time and using toner transfer for boards.

Have you tested this on a smaller scale? I'm curious how well Charlieplexing works with a saccadic display, if this runs into any speed or brightness issues by spreading your duty cycle that thin.

mtbf0

Re: lazy pov

Post by mtbf0 »

well, i was suffering some kind of vertigo probably related to an ear infection which resulted in nausea and an occasional inability to keep myself properly oriented relative to gravity, so i spent the day in a chair and this was the result.

the concept does need testing.

the leds are 5mm. the board dimensions are 557.2x14.3mm.

thought i'd poke a bunch of holes in something, stick leds in the holes, then see if i can find my wire wrap tool.

was going to adapt the code from this old project.

i am a little worried about destroying the chip since, in the interest of keeping the board small, i was going to try to do this with no current limiting resistors.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”