looking for something, is it possible to make for us?

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Ruffsta

looking for something, is it possible to make for us?

Post by Ruffsta »

was looking for something like this:

but with only 1 row - 4 buttons straight across..

ALSO looking for something like this:

but with only 1 row - 4 leds straight across..

would be even better to combine the two together, so there would be 4 leds straight across in 1 row, and the second row underneath with 4 buttons - all evenly spaced.. each button would control an individual led

adafruit

Re: looking for something, is it possible to make for us?

Post by adafruit »

thank you for the suggestion!

Ruffsta

Post by Ruffsta »

yer welcome!

if i could make these kinds of things on my own, i would send in a bunch of prototypes and see which ones we could market.. but alas - i'm just an idea guy.. not enough to get me into a good job tho i'm afraid. nobody hires anyone for ideas and sketches anymore.

microwattbott

Post by microwattbott »

I love Charlieplexing. I have 8 LEDs bouncing back and forth beside me now. They are attached to the Microchip PICKIT 1 Flash Starter Kit with the standard PIC 16F684 on board. Four i/o pins are controlling the LEDs and could handle 4 more for a total of 12 on those same 4 pins (RA1, RA2, RA4, and RA5). So looking at the suggested modular button boards and thinking how to apply that concept to the inputs. Easily done with 2 sets of diodes & buttons across each pair of input pins. Three pins will manage 6 buttons if Charlieplexed. And IF the buttons used are of the Normally Closed type then the LEDs can be toggled off upon button press during an input scan. The uC then knows the status of each LED and can control other outputs pins according to the user's software specs. So that would be like a miniature command console. Super easy to build on a strip board too.

ConnsCom

Post by ConnsCom »

We make custom boxes(humidors, jewelry, Keepsake....) and cases (darts, pool sticks....) and we are wanting to use fingerprint locks and led lights. Do you have what i would need to do this and information on hooking it all tgether?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

we are wanting to use fingerprint locks and led lights. Do you have what i would need to do this and information on hooking it all tgether?
This should get you started: http://learn.adafruit.com/biometric-security-box

ConnsCom

Post by ConnsCom »

Thanks that is a great help .. I hate to be a pest but is there one for open the box lights come on, close the box different lights come on for 5 min then turns off? or tell me where to look and I will try to find it.

adafruit_support_bill

Not sure what type of lights you are looking for. We have over 100 types of LEDs. Most of the product descriptions have links to tutorials showing how to use them: http://www.adafruit.com/category/37

ConnsCom

Post by ConnsCom »

The boxes or cases we are starting to make will have a row of lights in the lid and the base when opened to light up for our clients to see well in dark places and when they close it has a row of lights around the outside that will light up for a short period, this part is just decorative. the fingerprint lock area will be lit as well, this pic of a different company product is close to what we are looking for in lighting. Image so I am not sure if led is where i need to be looking. I would love sugestions to what you think the right type is and I am in hopes it is a product you carry so I can get parts from one spot. Thanks, Joann

adafruit_support_bill

Looks like it could be done with either LEDs or EL. The EL tape has a nice even appearance, but LEDs are somewhat simpler to work with and can be a lot brighter.

If you are looking for full-color control, you will want one of the RGB types. We also have monochrome leds in a variety of colors. The strips would probably be the easiest type to design into a box like that.

ConnsCom

Post by ConnsCom »

Thanks alot, you have been a great help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”