QuadCopter Conundrum

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jabbs63

QuadCopter Conundrum

Post by Jabbs63 »

Hi, I'm Jabbs.

I have this Idea that I have been working on for a few months. It is building a Quadcopter from scratch. what I want it to do is be able to navigate a room without hitting a wall. As of now, I have an Arduino Uno, A Seeed Motor shield, a Parallax Ultrasonic Ping sensor, and a Grove Dual motor Driver (or I2C motor Driver). Also, two DC Brushed motors for testing purposes as of now.

what I have done so far was attach the shield to the arduino, and the I2C to the shield via the grove connection wire and uploaded the I2C code onto the arduino provided by Seeed wiki. I attached the motors and nothing happened.

first question, the motor shield has 13 ports for the grove connectors, where can I find which port to connect the I2C to?
Second, any tips for connecting the Ping sensor to the arduino? or if it is even possible with the motor shield on top? that will be tough
And if you have any general advice, I would definitely appreciate it. thanks

adafruit_support_bill

Re: QuadCopter Conundrum

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Hi. We can help you with questions on our products. But we don't carry any of the other products you mention. Have you tried contacting Seeed Studios, Grove or Parallax with these questions?

Jabbs63

Re: QuadCopter Conundrum

Post by Jabbs63 »

ok. thanks anyway

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”