Timesquare Watch

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ookid

Timesquare Watch

Post by ookid »

I recently received a Timesquare Watch and assembled it according to instructions yesterday. It worked fine all of yesterday but today the power seems to be fluctuating wildly according to the build in battery meter but my multimeter measured the battery voltage at 2.85V, I would think plenty enough to power the watch. Any trouble shooting advice would be much appreciated, thank you for your time.

zener

Re: Timesquare Watch

Post by zener »

I will guess you might have a cold solder joint. Can you take a good photo of the back of the board and post it here?

ookid

Post by ookid »

Yes, well I can post a picture of the back of the board in relation to the display. Most of the solder points are hidden underneath the led matrix and so getting to them would be a bit of a trick. I am wondering if the sub zero temperatures we are getting here in utah are playing havoc with the batteries chemistry, though it was room temperature when I noticed the fluxuations.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Extreme cold temps will decrease the output of your battery, but it would be a gradual thing. If you are seeing wild fluctuations, it is most likely an intermittent solder joint. Check out our soldering guide for some examples and remedies for common soldering problems: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-guid ... n-problems

ookid

Post by ookid »

Well, whatever was wrong doesn't seem to be a problem anymore but thanks for your help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”