timed delay for relay from rf m receiver..

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
danw2002

timed delay for relay from rf m receiver..

Post by danw2002 »

hi all , re-posting this over here at the suggestion of the adafruit help on the other tread...here is the post to save some time...http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p182793
used this as a starting point...http://playground.arduino.cc/uploads/Le ... relays.pdf and now i need to give it a bit of delay on releasing the relay, so it stay on just a bit longer...it only energizes for maybe 1/2 sec or less, it sometimes will trigger the right response in the zoom, but mostly it is not quite enough time(if i hold the button down, it will multiple pulse and still not enough time, but again sometimes it will trigger the zoom). need maybe a 1sec pulse time and that would prob. be enough i know a cap maybe can do this, just not sure of value and placement...i dont want to go with a 555 timer or anything else, just need to extend the time just a bit...thanks gang.

Franklin97355

Re: timed delay for relay from rf m receiver..

Post by Franklin97355 »

So, I don't see any mention of waht you have and how you are using it. Could you include your circuit and any code you are running? (It would help)

danw2002

Post by danw2002 »

franklin97355 wrote:So, I don't see any mention of waht you have and how you are using it. Could you include your circuit and any code you are running? (It would help)
thanks for the quick response, i have the link of what i am doing on the PDF file above, and i am using the smaller 2222 trans...thanks and look forward to the great help i know is coming....

zener

Post by zener »

You could try putting a cap across the Base and Emitter and see if that helps. Maybe a 1uF or 10uF. + side would be connected to the base if the cap is polarized.

danw2002

Post by danw2002 »

Zener wrote:You could try putting a cap across the Base and Emitter and see if that helps. Maybe a 1uF or 10uF. + side would be connected to the base if the cap is polarized.
that is what i was thinkin, thanks for the confirmation...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”