trouble getting starting the GUI

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chagerty2014

trouble getting starting the GUI

Post by chagerty2014 »

I am trying to initially configure my Raspberry pi. But i am getting the same error when i am trying to get the GUI started up. And i am noticing that my initial configure options are different than what is being shown in the Adafruit site. (mine being black and whit and having different options than the red and blue menu) Module g2d_23 not found is the error i am getting. can someone please help me. Thank you .
Attachments
This is my initial log on screen. There is no info saying that i should enter "startx" to launch the GUI. Im not sure if it is because I am using PuTTY?
This is my initial log on screen. There is no info saying that i should enter "startx" to launch the GUI. Im not sure if it is because I am using PuTTY?
Capture1.JPG (47.04 KiB) Viewed 297 times
This is a screen shot of what the command line is saying back to me about my error.
This is a screen shot of what the command line is saying back to me about my error.
Capture.JPG (109.72 KiB) Viewed 297 times

Franklin97355

Re: trouble getting starting the GUI

Post by Franklin97355 »

The GUI only runs if you are directly connected to the pi with HDMI or analog. It does not run through PuTTY.

linuxworks

Re: trouble getting starting the GUI

Post by linuxworks »

I'm having the same error, and I AM logging in from the actual unit (keyboard is usb directly connected). I boot text-mode, then login as 'pi' and do a startx.

what is interesting is that things work fine with the resistive TS but I just received the capacitive version and while the graphics do work, the TS won't do anything and I'm seeing that same error as the OP.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”