Extreme Sports Zip Line LED Project

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mattjames

Extreme Sports Zip Line LED Project

Post by mattjames »

So I am needing some assistance with ideas for our zip line at our family entertainment center. I just finished doing a nice LED project on our indoor ropes course (see attached, I'm proud of it and like to show it off) and now I am looking to do our zip line as well. I am not looking to get LEDs on the actual line itself but to get LEDs on the "bullseye" on the opposing walls. See attached photo for better visuals.

As you can see by the photo there are two rings and a center. Technically 3 rings. The measurements are 57" for the outside, 42" for the inside and 26" for the inside. I was looking at the Neo Ring and I love that concept and wish there was something like this that would fit my dimensions. But I can not find any such product. Obviously the strips will not be able to make such tight turns and the Neo Pixel bars leave too much of a gap in between each LED bar.

So any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
Attachments
"Bullseye"
"Bullseye"
2014-03-20 18.35.09.jpg (974.11 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Ropes Course Project
Ropes Course Project
DSC_00263.jpg (842.73 KiB) Viewed 646 times

jcgoodman

Re: Extreme Sports Zip Line LED Project

Post by jcgoodman »

Might be easiest to change your design to fit the materials. Neopixel strips radiating outward from the center of your bullseye, maybe with a single ring in the middle, would be easier to build and look just as cool, especially with animation.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Extreme Sports Zip Line LED Project

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The other approach would be to use individual neopixels. Youcould position them any way you like, but it would involve a lot of wiring.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”