PiMiner w/ 16x2 LCD Plate with Buttons Using AntMiner U1's N

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Tochimo

PiMiner w/ 16x2 LCD Plate with Buttons Using AntMiner U1's N

Post by Tochimo »

I have a tendency to be wordy, so -

TL:DR: Anyone know how to get Antminer U1's to hash at or above their stock 1.6ghz while using this PiMiner setup with a .conf file so the 16x2 LCD display works? Does it have something to do with changing the "icarus" commands at the end of the .conf file to "bmsc" commands and/or recompiling cgminer with different support than icarus?

And if you're still interested, more details -

I have been working on building a PiMiner setup. I managed to assemble the LCD Plate with buttons (first time soldering electronics, super fun!). And after basically starting over in the software/OS department (reflashed my Raspian OS and started from scratch) I was able to finally get the PiMiner up and running, displaying the hashing information and all the other options that is shown in the tutorial.

I mainly used the steps in this post (http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... er#p252991) in which the original poster of the project (if I'm not mistaken) took it upon himself to help .Cry - and it seems to have worked out quite well for both .Cry and myself. I decided to drop cgminer 4.1.0 for the 3.8.4 and that seemed to help a lot.

The one thing I'm still having an issue with is getting the Antminer U1's to hash at their proper speed. Right now (and all last night) the Antminer U1's are hashing at ~500mhz/sec each. Their "stock" speed is 1.6ghz, but I can't seem to get them up there.
When I try adding the "--bmsc-options" and "--bmsc-freq" commands after the cgminer.conf statement, when first running cgminer, it spits out an error about not recognizing the "bmsc" command.

My gut tells me it has to do with the "icarus-options" : "115200:1:1",
"icarus-timing" : "3.0=100" that are in the .conf file, but I was wondering if someone actually knew how to correct this and/or what steps would need to be taken to fix it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”