Wave shield Story Train

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BillNguyenUS

Wave shield Story Train

Post by BillNguyenUS »

Dear Friends,

I am working on a project which works like this:

The train is running slowly on the tracks which have different resistors whose resistances are different to activate the Arduino speak different recorded story on the SD card. If you know how to wire them on the Wave Shield kit, and how to make it, please help.

Thanks,

Tri

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Wave shield Story Train

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The train is running slowly on the tracks which have different resistors whose resistances are different to activate the Arduino speak different recorded story on the SD card.
Can you post a circuit diagram of that track? Will the WaveShield be mounted on the train? Is the train being powered by the track too?

BillNguyenUS

Re: Wave shield Story Train

Post by BillNguyenUS »

Dear Friends,

The train is powered by different circuit.

The wave shield is the same as the one in this link, but I have not known how to wire them and write the code for it. There are two contacts which the current will pass though different resistances. Here is my plan:

Purpose: the Arduino wave shield will read sentences recorded on the SD card as the resistances.

Story: a story is composed of several sentences which are recorded with different names on SD card.

Schematic: each track is wired with a resistor for each sentence of the story.

Train: when the train running and touching the track, the sentence of that track will be read.

Problem: how to wire Arduino and create the sketch/code to do this project. I need wiring instruction and coding the program.

I hope it would be understandable.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”