How to increase the dc motor's speed value more than 255 ? a

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MEKACI

How to increase the dc motor's speed value more than 255 ? a

Post by MEKACI »

" How to increase the dc motor's speed value more than 255 ? and the frequency value more than MOTOR12_64KH ? thanks "

Hi all,
I have some questions for you :

At my tank project, I am using 4 dc motors and 1 dc motor uses 9V-12V with adafruit motor shield now. The weightness of my tank project is 6kg ;so I felt like these 4 ,9V-12V, dc motors' speed is not enough for a good acceletarion with this (0, 255) speed value at MOTOR12_64KH while we are writing our code at adafruit motor shield.

Thus, how to increase the dc motor's speed value more than 255 ? and the frequency value more than MOTOR12_64KH ? thanks.
If I put a better dc motor which uses more than 12V this speed of 255 speed value will be more efficient, that is to say, I will be able to observe more speed with a better dc motor with same coding ?

And, for a good acceleration to a 6kg tank's to move what kind of dc motor I should use ? I will be glad if you give me some advices ;and answer my above questions, thanks.

Agent_24

Re: How to increase the dc motor's speed value more than 255

Post by Agent_24 »

As far as I know, you can't, 255 will correspond to 100% power.

Sounds like you are being limited by the motors themselves or they do not have enough current to run properly.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”