Mounting Brackets for a 16x2 LCD

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jerryblade

Mounting Brackets for a 16x2 LCD

Post by jerryblade »

I want to mount the Standard LCD 16x2 onto the DFRobot 2WD Chassis; however, I cannot find a suitable right-angle bracket to do this with (or some other stable solution). Does anyone know a good bracket? Ideally, I would like to mount the LCD on the bottom rectangular front "bumper" metal plate where the line sensors usually go, and a right angle bracket with "slots" to allow me to not need exact hole placement for the two holes on each side of the LCD. I have found lots of brackets... just none that will do what I want! :)

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Mounting Brackets for a 16x2 LCD

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The closest thing we have in the store would be this stand: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1365

jerryblade

Post by jerryblade »

Yes - I ordered one of these in hopes that I could use it somehow, but is there a site online that people use for hardware that isn't specifically geared to electronics? I went to Mcmaster-Carr, which usually has everything I want hardware related but came up empty there. Is there another site that specializes in robot hardware, brackets, etc? These brackets have to exist...

zener

Post by zener »

I don't know if how fancy you want to get but you could use a couple of small blocks of wood. Otherwise, I would probably fabricate something from .062" aluminum. You could go thinner. I would cut some 1/2" wide strips, drill some holes and then bend them into angle brackets. You would need tin snips, a file or sandpaper, drill and a small vise and hammer might be nice also. At my last job I made lots of brackets and things out of aluminum sheet stock so we had lots of little bits of it laying around. Generally you can get some at a hardware store or you can find something made of it and cut it up. Sometimes you can find interesting things on eBay.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”