Assistance needed on inductive charging project

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pendragon_01

Assistance needed on inductive charging project

Post by pendragon_01 »

hello
I am new to electronics projects. i am working with your 5v inductive charging set.

you recommend using a 9v AC adapter to power the input coil circuit. I am using a different power source that will also supply 9vdc.

1. please confirm that 9vdc is enough to power the input coil
2. is there any other current/power requirement (mA, current frequency) for the input coil to operate properly?
3. does the circuitry on the input coil convert the current to high frequency AC? if not, at what point does the source dc power get converted to AC for the induction to work?

thanks in advance for your help.
pendy

Thanks!

Franklin97355

Re: Assistance needed on inductive charging project

Post by Franklin97355 »

please confirm that 9vdc is enough to power the input coil
It does not run on DC the power supply is 9 VAC.

pendragon_01

Post by pendragon_01 »

franklin97355 wrote:
please confirm that 9vdc is enough to power the input coil
It does not run on DC the power supply is 9 VAC.
Thanks for the reply but it appears to conflict with the following:

"This is a basic charger set, and it does work, providing 5V DC output from the output half when the input half is powered with 9V to 12VDC."

This excerpt is taken directly from the product description for the "Inductive Charging Set - 5V".

I need a definitive (and correct) answer on what power source the input coil will run on, AC or DC. Is the product description correct or no?

Thanks

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Its definitely 9-12VDC input not AC. The tutorial pointed to the right product but referred to it as an "AC adapter" (since it adapts FROM wall AC) - the tutorial text has been rewritten to clarify its a 9VDC output wall adapter

pendragon_01

Post by pendragon_01 »

adafruit2 wrote:Its definitely 9-12VDC input not AC. The tutorial pointed to the right product but referred to it as an "AC adapter" (since it adapts FROM wall AC) - the tutorial text has been rewritten to clarify its a 9VDC output wall adapter
Excellent! this is exactly what i needed to know. any direction on my other points of inquiry?

2. is there any other current/power requirement (mA, current frequency) for the input coil to operate properly?
3. does the circuitry on the input coil convert the current to high frequency AC? if not, at what point does the source dc power get converted to AC for the induction to work
?

Thanks!
pendy

pendragon_01

Post by pendragon_01 »

Bueller...bueller...bueller?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”