ADAFRUIT 1.2" BACKPACK W/ TRANSCEIVER nRF2401A

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
haskellalex

ADAFRUIT 1.2" BACKPACK W/ TRANSCEIVER nRF2401A

Post by haskellalex »

Help meee!

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project with the 1.2" LED matrix and this transceiver: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/152

the goal is to make two FLORA devices, each equipped with its own LED matrix and transceiver that lights up when near each other (I'm attempting to build this for my girlfriend's birthday in a week). I've gotten all the parts and the LED works amazingly, but upon researching how to hook up the transceiver, I found this: http://playground.arduino.cc/Interfacin ... re/Nrf2401 which states that I need to use Digital Pin 3 and Digital Pin 2, which I understand to be SCL and SDA on the Flora respectively. However, I'm already using both of these pins for the LED matrix.

I guess boiled down, my question is can I connect two wires to the same pin on the FLORA, one from the LED matrix, and one from my transceiver? Or would that completely break it.

Thanks so much; this is my first time working with electronics and adafruit has been unbelievably helpful.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: ADAFRUIT 1.2" BACKPACK W/ TRANSCEIVER nRF2401A

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Unfortunately, you can't use pins 2 and 3 for both the backpack and the transceiver.

You also need D4 and D5 for the nRF2401A, which you don't have on a FLORA.

I suggest contacting SparkFun to find out if you can re-map the signals to other pins.

haskellalex

Post by haskellalex »

Could I programmatically change which pins to use for the transceiver?

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That's what you'll have to ask SparkFun. I'm not familiar with the driver they wrote for it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”