RasPi w/ Adafruit XBMC BANNED :)

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
trinium42

RasPi w/ Adafruit XBMC BANNED :)

Post by trinium42 »

Well the topic says it all, I have a Raspberry pi which I've successfully used for many projects, and I just recently got the Ada fruit 2.8 lcd touchscreen and case. Problem is, after 2 days of following guides, I simply cannot get it to mirror the screen onto the touchscreen! If anyone could get me an .Img file That I could write to an SD Card )or something really basic) that would allow me to to use the lcd touchscreen as a mirror display and run XBMC (all in one) I would gladly forward them at least the equivalent of $5 to 10 us in BANNED. Or donate it in there name to any cause no (whatever I have rattling around my account. And then I could find a place to host it and share with the community.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Franklin97355

Re: RasPi w/ Adafruit XBMC BANNED :)

Post by Franklin97355 »

Could you post clear pictures of your board and the connections to it?

trinium42

Re: RasPi w/ Adafruit XBMC BANNED :)

Post by trinium42 »

You can see it https://www.adafruit.com/products/1601 Ive gotten the screen to go black, and the touch interface working of the instructions for the Raspi install (I have a Raspi working great with the touchscreen, mirroring the other) but for XBMC I just cant seem to get it to work. It's like the tutorials that do work for XBMC I think are outdated or just plane wrong. I understand everthing Im doing, not just parroting commands. Oha nd I do have $10 in BANNED if you can get one of the newer versions of XBMC with the screen for the pi. This is what got me the closest:https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pit ... stallation But its again its for XBMC. Im sure I could get it running on top of Raspi, but Id rather keep them seperate because I watch allot of Hi-Res Stuff and I need all the processing speed I can get.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”