battery specs for charger

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gerry81611

battery specs for charger

Post by gerry81611 »

Hi,

I love the reasonable price of your lipo batteries but need a large one for a project, around 10 aH or so. However I would love to integrate one of these:

https://www.adafruit.com/products/259

into my setup for inline charging. the description says:

"For use with Adafruit Lipoly batteries only! Other batteries may have different voltage, chemistry, polarity or pinout. "

What chemistries is this compatible with? I'm good on the voltage / polarity / pinout stuff. I'm looking at using some batteryspace lipo packs.

As an aside, do you know of any way to charge multiple different li ion or lipo batteries at the same time? if i can get them all to interface with usb thats easier, but if i have to go bare wires all of the multi channel rc chargers don't seem to work with protected batteries.

thanks,

g

adafruit_support_bill

Re: battery specs for charger

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

What chemistries is this compatible with? I'm good on the voltage / polarity / pinout stuff. I'm looking at using some batteryspace lipo packs.
It is designed for Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer cells with a 3.7v nominal voltage and a 4.2v full-charge voltage. All of our batteries are also equipped with protection circuits to guard against over-discharge.
As an aside, do you know of any way to charge multiple different li ion or lipo batteries at the same time?
See this guide: https://learn.adafruit.com/multi-cell-lipo-charging

gerry81611

Post by gerry81611 »

thank you! i wasn't talking about balancing cells. For example, i'll have various 11.1V cells for different parts of my costume and for the leds on my bike. anywhere from 1 aH - 10 aH. I could go and get a bunch of 12v chargers and a bunch of outlets, or i could get a dc powered usb hub and plug a bunch of your chargers into the ports. i was wondering if a charger already existed that i could use instead of having one together from lots of parts.

thanks,

gerry

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We don't have any chargers that will charge 11.1v batteries. Strictly speaking, any multi-cell LiPo battery like that should be balance charged anyway.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”