Send data directly to the cloud

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
osmond1114

Send data directly to the cloud

Post by osmond1114 »

Have a problem trying to get the right hardware and software to build a small BLE HUB to send data to the cloud without using the Internet. I want to use IPV6 to connect directly to my Azure portal. What hardware and software can I use?

Franklin97355

Re: Send data directly to the cloud

Post by Franklin97355 »

Since the portal is on the internet I don't see how you could send it data without using the internet. If you could explain how you would do that perhaps someone could help.

osmond1114

Post by osmond1114 »

Simple network topology - 6LoWPAN Gateway : We were hoping to use BLUETOOTH Low Energy L2CAP Channel ID Usage for 6LoWPAN/ IPv6
The BT-LE Logical Link Control and Adaptation Protocol (L2CAP) uses Channel Identifiers (IDs) to distinguish the upper layer protocol
carried on top of it. Two devices exchanging IPv6/6LoWPAN packets need to use a common Channel ID to be able to send and receive the
packets correctly over L2CAP. If my device use IPV6/6LOWPAN and Azure use IPPV6. If this is not doable then we want to use AT&T network.

Spoke to AT&T and they suggested using their network and use a cellular connection.
Exclusive: AT&T connects Timex® IRONMAN® One GPS+ smartwatch to its network and give as an example:
IRONMAN One GPS+ smartwatchSALT LAKE CITY_Time and technology wait for no one - especially when you combine the two together.
Designed for enthusiasts and runners, the implications of this are huge: You no longer have to carry your smartphone during your run or exercise routine. The watch’s access to the AT&T network allows the device to upload your running and exercise data to the web and share your workout with friends on popular social networks. No more sideloading or connecting via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is needed. The IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ provides a robust experience when it connects to AT&T's mobility network using embedded HSPA technology.

And AT&T is the exclusive network provider for the watch. Providing a mobile cellular connection to wearable devices delivers more value for customers. IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ is a great example of how embedded cellular connectivity improves functionality and provides new benefits to smartwatch devices.
Timex IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ includes a series of game-changing features that appeal to -minded individuals, including:
Full phone-free wireless connectivity and phone-free messaging capabilities Ability to track speed, distance and pace in real-time and instantaneously share performance metrics through an online platform Always-on, sunlight readable Qualcomm® Mirasol™ display for easy reading without breaking stride during activities Tracking capabilities that include a custom-built safety feature. Can we use the Gateway or AT&T?

tdicola

Post by tdicola »

It's a little hard to understand what you're trying to do, do you have a list of requirements or a scenario you're trying to implement? To talk to an internet service like Azure you're going to have to have something connected to the internet, even if it talks exclusively over IPV6. For internet access this pretty much requires wifi or a cellular modem. Something like bluetooth alone won't get you access to the internet unless it's talking to a bridge like a cellular data access point.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”