Music Maker Shield + PIR triggers

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jgalileolopez

Music Maker Shield + PIR triggers

Post by jgalileolopez »

Hey guys, I am attempting a project for Halloween that and would like to consider using the new Music Maker Shield and was wondering if one is able to trigger a sound file via a pir sensor. I would like to have a pir sensor trigger sounds in different locations of my haunt. So if I had 10 pir sensors in 10 different spaces, I would like to trigger a different sound at each location. Is this possible with Music Maker Shield. Thanks in advance for your help.

Franklin97355

Re: Music Maker Shield + PIR triggers

Post by Franklin97355 »

Yes, that's possible.

jgalileolopez

Post by jgalileolopez »

franklin97355 wrote:Yes, that's possible.
Great, any chance you can point me in the right direction in terms of how this can be done and or a relative sketch? Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Take a look at this tutorial and see if it gives you any ideas: https://learn.adafruit.com/halloween-pumpkin

JediMasterPatrick

Post by JediMasterPatrick »

I'm also curious about this. The question was posed for the Music Maker shield, not the Wave shield. Are the methods defined in the Pumpkin example valid for the Music Maker shield? I'm not a programmer and think I got in over my head with all of this, lol. I bought the Music Maker due to the ability to play MP3's. The Wave shield does not. So I'd like to use the Music Maker instead of the Wave shield, since I own one already. I also own a Wave Shield but am using it for a voice changing project.
Thanks!

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Music Maker uses different signals and commands, so use the tutorial for that to find information on playing sounds.

The wiring and signals for the Halloween Pumpkin project will stay the same, and the code for reading the sensor will be the same. You'll need to replace the Wave Shield code with Music Maker code for the parts that play the sounds.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”