hardware quary

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Bowzer0133

hardware quary

Post by Bowzer0133 »

Quary: can i connect more then 2 Xbee Wifi moduals to gether?
I would Like to be able to hook up 8 suck moduals for parrelel prossing.
Quarry: what is the range of the XBee wifi Madual?
Quary: can I use the maduals for a wireless network between 8 systems?
Last edited by Bowzer0133 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franklin97355

Re: hardware quary

Post by Franklin97355 »

can i connect more then 2 Xbee Wifi moduals to gether?
You can communicate between more than two modules if that is what you mean. There are no processors on the modules that you can access though.

Bowzer0133

Post by Bowzer0133 »

Bowzer0133 wrote:Quary: can i connect more then 2 Xbee Wifi moduals to gether?
I would Like to be able to hook up 8 suck moduals for parrelel prossing.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Here is some info that might help http://www.digi.com/pdf/chart_xbee_rf_features.pdf

Bowzer0133

Post by Bowzer0133 »

so i do need swich yes or no?
if yes dose adafruit Carry it?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

so i do need swich yes or no?
If you mean like a network switch no, the xbees do not work that way. Some (series 1) have a 1 to many system while others are mesh network. What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish? From what I've read so far I think the xbees are not what you think they are. Which model are you looking at?

Bowzer0133

Post by Bowzer0133 »

I am trying to make a wi-fi network of 8 or 9 Rasberry Pi computers within a robot to do parrelel prossing,and because of range of motion i need i need wifi over hard wire, way i need the need the wifi set up i need the wifi accesspoint to be moble to, it says the Xbee will synk with other Xbee wifi and it needs no external swich, so i was hoping to make the wifi network out of Xbee so i can not have to think of making a costom Board, if the wheel aredy exists why reinventit?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

make a wi-fi network of 8 or 9 Rasberry Pi computers
there is this or this to add wifi to a Raspberry pi.

Bowzer0133

Post by Bowzer0133 »

i can see but do eather of thise have accesspoint abillity or do i need a router?
i look at router right, the Power cost is to expencive for what i am doing. I need at most a 5volt 1 or 2 Amp.
the conection point towich the wifi is connected must be contained within the robot! I not building a small robot i building one 1 Meter Tall and 113.3kg and it will be self propeled. A wierless router access point requiers that i step the power up to wall current, and i cant do that. i working in warehouse, and i cant afford the power to step up from dc sorce to ac sorce in the bot

Bowzer0133

Post by Bowzer0133 »

this one needs not wifi but an ethernet connecter that spin and not tangle I just saw one fore the phone but i need one for the ethernet i would be much apreashitive if this item would be stocked, this item would fix quit nicely the problem i have with the network.
one end of connecter for divice is female the otherend is male and it can rotate and no tighening of wiers or tangling in center there rings for each wire thd conected though by pins to tuching the rings.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Those phone devices and This from Adafruit have a problem of being "noisy" electrically and aren't good choices for data. I'm not understanding why the electronics can't be placed on one platform and connected with wires for the most part. Do you have pictures or drawings of this creation?

I'm moving this to General Project Help as it does not seem to be Arduino related.

Bowzer0133

Post by Bowzer0133 »

cant do with wiers because i need pice to go for multiple 360 degree turns, but i think i found a fix, make that half wierless and the otherhalf wired, i have 12volt 1A swich that can handle wierless thisone thinks he will set it up half wierless and run swich off 12V 14Ah baterie, reason i was asking was the talp pice of my creation spins around and the bottom stays put, think R2-D2 from Star Wars. I was Tring to make a real working one with 8 Rasberry Pi Computers, and i am going to put 4 in the head And 4 in the Main Body, the head can spin for multiple 360 degree turns, do now you see the need of the pice i was looking fore? because i was thinking i'd connect all pi's eather with wifi or wired, Wired is still prefered because of stability issues with wi-fi.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”