raspberry pi wifi adapter

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
nintwala

raspberry pi wifi adapter

Post by nintwala »

Hi,

I emailed support and they asked me to post in the forum. So here it goes.

I recently bought a Wifi module from your store. Unfortunately it doesnt work with the raspberry pi. It does not show up in the lsusb list. I have tried it on raspbian and on Occidentalis as well. I hear a some noise from the adapter and it gets warm. I am afraid it might break my raspberry pi. I noticed that people are complaining about the same issue here in the forum.

My invoice/order number is 194949. Can you please help?

nintwala

Re: raspberry pi wifi adapter

Post by nintwala »

Any help with this? I want to just return the item. With a support like this, I am never going to buy from your store again!

egutting

Post by egutting »

What kind did you get? I got the edimax one and it works. The gui tool in Wheezy works really well.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Do you see any blinking LED's in the wifi adapter?

nintwala

Post by nintwala »

I bought the product number 814

I didnt get any light indication. It was getting warm and i heard a tone, just like other user mentioned in this forum. I had to return it and get a refund. Just got the refund today.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

nintwala wrote:I bought the product number 814 I didnt get any light indication. It was getting warm and i heard a tone, just like other user mentioned in this forum. I had to return it and get a refund. Just got the refund today.
hiya!

we received your return and plugged it in, works fine and we're using it right now. we refunded the purchase and we'll just use this for our pi on our desk here!

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”