7" TFT Display - no 12V jack

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
GordonMcD

7" TFT Display - no 12V jack

Post by GordonMcD »

I have just opened the box with my 7" TFT LCD Monitor to discover there is no jack for 12V DC. Even inside the case there is no obvious place where the board takes 12V. I see several ground pads, and there is a large solder pad marked "+" but my continuity tester tells me this is connected to another pad labeled 5V. I would most appreciate it if you could send me a picture showing where a 12V supply would be connected to the board.

I bought this a month ago in anticipation of receiving my Raspberry Pi kit, which was out of stock at the time. RPi has come, I think I have possibly, finally, flashed my SD card (Another saga in itself!) and I now discover I don't have a display.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: 7" TFT Display - no 12V jack

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The display should have come with a 12V adapter. The adapter allows you to use the regular 2.1mm barrel jack:
The display is very easy to use - simply connect the included 12VDC adapter to the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack, then connect a composite video source to one of the RCA cable.
If you did not receive the 12V adapter, please contact [email protected] for a replacement. Reference this thread and your order number.

GordonMcD

Post by GordonMcD »

I got the adapter, what is missing is the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack connected to the monitor. The yellow RCA composite video connector wire exits the monitor case through the hole labeled "12V DC."

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Bizarre. Contact [email protected] for a replacement.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

there's no red cable?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”