Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by antto on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:52 am

during the developement of my firmware, i've probably reflashed the hex like more than 200 times (with c0ntr0l)
i didn't count them ;]
We are here too: irc.freenode.net >>> #x0xb0x
..:: c0nb0x v1.00 ::.. http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29282 (new control app - win/osx)
VCO Tuning: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24759 (do it the EASY way)
User avatar
antto
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:21 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by safetyboy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Would anyone be able to compile a version of this with the bootloader included or tell me how to do it :)


I can't for the life of me get c0nb0x to work.
safetyboy
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by roxxx303 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 am

safetyboy wrote:Would anyone be able to compile a version of this with the bootloader included or tell me how to do it :)


I can't for the life of me get c0nb0x to work.


Have you tried the "Updated" c0ntr0l-version to load MarOs?:
http://x0xsource.com/c0ntr0l_v1.0Eil.r10_Win32.zip

For me the official adafruit-c0ntr0l does not work, but this version updated by a user does!
User avatar
roxxx303
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by safetyboy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 am

roxxx303 wrote:
safetyboy wrote:Would anyone be able to compile a version of this with the bootloader included or tell me how to do it :)


I can't for the life of me get c0nb0x to work.


Have you tried the "Updated" c0ntr0l-version to load MarOs?:
http://x0xsource.com/c0ntr0l_v1.0Eil.r10_Win32.zip

For me the official adafruit-c0ntr0l does not work, but this version updated by a user does!


Neither c0ntr0l works i get some error cant load image frome resources
safetyboy
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: MarOS1.4 - "Official" Version 1.4

by safetyboy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm

pangrus wrote:I'll test it and give an answer as soon as possible.
Anybody else has old din-sync drum machines or sequencers?

If I could flash the FW I would let you know. I keep getting Knock Knock error.
safetyboy
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by Altitude on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Just thought I'd chime in on this thread, I have sucessfully flashed the Mega2561 from blank with both the bootloader and firmware per guest's instructions so Mario, I'd consider moving to the bigger chip..
User avatar
Altitude
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 4:17 pm

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by roxxx303 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:46 am

Altitude wrote:Just thought I'd chime in on this thread, I have sucessfully flashed the Mega2561 from blank with both the bootloader and firmware per guest's instructions so Mario, I'd consider moving to the bigger chip..


Hi Altitude,

is it possible to change the chip in a standard x0xb0x to the bigger one?
Is it simple for a non technican?
Can you still use your patterns?
Do you need an eeprom-flasher?
What's the price for the chip?

Thanks!
User avatar
roxxx303
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by roxxx303 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 am

To Mario:

Can you please make a Youtube-video showing all the features of MarOs?
(Mustn't be a professional shoot! :D )

Thanks!
User avatar
roxxx303
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by Altitude on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 am

roxxx303 wrote:
Altitude wrote:Just thought I'd chime in on this thread, I have sucessfully flashed the Mega2561 from blank with both the bootloader and firmware per guest's instructions so Mario, I'd consider moving to the bigger chip..


Hi Altitude,

is it possible to change the chip in a standard x0xb0x to the bigger one?
Is it simple for a non technican?
Can you still use your patterns?
Do you need an eeprom-flasher?
What's the price for the chip?

Thanks!


Yes, it will be a plug in board that replaces the current micro controller. it will use the same patterns as whats on the eeprom (and add more slots as well). this uses a massive mega2561 uC so it will have a ton of code space. currently textile has these boards but i very well may design my own since he has been hard to reach. only the bootloader has to be programmed, after that the code can be uploaded via the x0x usb
User avatar
Altitude
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 4:17 pm

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by bmot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 am

Altitude wrote:... i very well may design my own...


Altitude, if you do decide to offer this kit i'm interested. I bought your Monotribe midi kit which was top notch
bmot
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 am

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by Altitude on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 am

already started :)
User avatar
Altitude
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 4:17 pm

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by Arnoid on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Is the midi start sync fix on by default ?

If I go in my internal parameters and push A# the led doesn't light up....how do you know it's on or off ?
Arnoid
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:27 am

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by Pish on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Really interested in the CPU upgrade. :)
Pish
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:54 am

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by decoder23 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:48 pm

i am testing the firmware at the moment and i am not sure if there is a bug in the edit mode. when switching from pattern play mode to edit mode all the notes that are entered are automatically pitched up to the highest octave. for example if i enter the note E the LED above the UP button is blinking. i have to press E 3 times for E2.. i have allready tried to flash the firmware again and it stays the same :/
the random mode is working properly.

another question, is there any way to delete pattern? with s0kkos you could delete a pattern in edit mode when pressing chain and the tempo encoder while the pattern was running. at marOs you enter the random mode, when pressing chain.
decoder23
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 am
Location: outer space

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

by mario1089 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:02 am

** yep, you can`t see if the MIDI start fix is on or off. I think it defaults to off. You should just check what works best for you, possibly you dont have to care what it really is then.

** Could be there`s a bug with the pitched up notes, I think I`ve also seen that. No plans though to fix it - I worked like 2 months on this, but the project is finnished - I`m back in production routines.

** No plans also to move to bigger CPU. My XoX works nicely, reliably doing the things I wanted it to do.

** If anyone ever states again the variable gate length - on a KNOB effectively - wouldnt be "it", stop talking to him, haha. I love it, smearing or gating the thing for just short moment and such. It comes in so surprising yet nice.

Best,
Mario
mario1089
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 am