Raspberry Pi USB ports and mini wifi USB

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
wesleywwood

Raspberry Pi USB ports and mini wifi USB

Post by wesleywwood »

Hello Adafruit!

I've tried everything I can and followed every tutorial but I am still unable to connect to the internet via the mini wifi usb. I've tried with the wifi usb directly in the pi and in a powered USB hub. The closest I get to connecting is a short but very slow connection and then after a minute it drops and the wifi usb is extremely hot.

Also, I'm having some issues with the USB ports on my Pi. The keyboard misses characters and sometimes just repeats characters and backspaces and some time my mouse is unresponsive. I've experiencing this with a powered USB hub and directly connected to my Pi. The keyboard and mouse work fine in my other computers and I've tried various usb hubs as well. I'm not a newbie when it comes to building and setting up computers and I've never run into anything this frustrating. I'm feeling like I've gotten defective units. Please advise.

Thank you,
-Wes-

adafruit

Re: Raspberry Pi USB ports and mini wifi USB

Post by adafruit »

which USB keyboard & mouse are you using? are they wireless?

wesleywwood

Re: Raspberry Pi USB ports and mini wifi USB

Post by wesleywwood »

They are a generic from Intrex Computers, wired USB - again, not problems using on other computers, including Linux servers.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”