Can't connect to arduino wifi server

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
xEDWARDSx

Can't connect to arduino wifi server

Post by xEDWARDSx »

I am using an arduino wifi shield and using one of the example sketches that creates a web server and lets you turn an LED on and off from the web server. The problem I am having is that after i connect to my wireless connection and have a good connection and then proceed to connect to the server the arduino has created the web browser can not find the page. I'm not too sure what the problem could be, but if anyone knows anything i'm willing to trouble shoot.
Thank you

adafruit

Re: Can't connect to arduino wifi server

Post by adafruit »

hiya!

we do not sell the arduino wifi shield or provide customer support the arduino wifi shield, your best bet is to contact the company you purchased it from for support.

thanks!
adafruit support

xEDWARDSx

Post by xEDWARDSx »

I figured as much. Looking for an answer and they aren't helping much either.
Thank you anyways

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

What ip addresses are you picking up for your devices? They need to be on the same subnet to connect locally.

xEDWARDSx

Post by xEDWARDSx »

The ip i'm getting from the arduino is 192.168.1.103 port 80. I thought it was the port that might have been blocked or something, so i changed the port to 8080, but still no change.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

are you trying to connect to the arduino from inside your local network? (from a computer on the same subnet)

xEDWARDSx

Post by xEDWARDSx »

Yes the code is for the arduino to connect to my network then to create a server, that i then try to connect to using it's ip address, but when i try to connect the ip is not being found. I have pinged that ip address and confirmed that it is actually connected to the network. So then i thought that the port was blocked so i changed the port, but still no change. That is about the extent of my knowledge about that stuff.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you can ping the device but not connect the problem is probably in your code and as Adafruit said you should ask on the site where you bought the device. They should have the best answers, sorry.

rainsan

Post by rainsan »

I experienced similar problems with my new wifi shield + arduino unofficial r3. After much frustration and even updating the wifi firmware unnecessarily, I saw a post suggesting using an older arduino software. I was using the latest 1.0.5 and downgraded to 1.0.3. Note you will have to reinstall drivers if you uninstall the arduino software.

It appears that there is a bug with 1.0.5 and it just will not play nice with wifi.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”